So Father’s day is coming up and you are wondering “What to do on Father’s day?” At the end of this article you will find a free Father’s day list to help you plan your Father’s day!
So What are Good Ideas for Father’s day?
- You can make him a meal (either breakfast, lunch, dinner or all of them). Why I put this first is because of that old saying, “A way to a man’s heart is through is stomach.” Most men love a nice home cooked meal or even just a nice meal at a restaurant or take out.
- Give him some quality family time and also some quality quiet time where he can just relax without lots of noise.
- Let him rest or take a nap for the afternoon.
- Some quality family time could be going on a picnic or going to the zoo or even going fishing or golfing.
- Plan a day trip out with lots of fun activities.
- Let him watch a movie or the TV for the day.
- Make or buy him a thoughtful card. Or send him an ecard.
- If he will allow you, you can wash his car and really clean it up on the inside as well.
- You can mow the lawn or do any chores that he might normally have to do.
- A nice thing to do is to clean up the house so that it is exceptionally clean.
- Buy him a gift that he has been wanting or make him a homemade gift.
- Have a barbeque for his special day.
- If he likes sports you can play or do his favourite activity.
- His favourite activity might not be sports related but you can still participate in it.
- Take him to a sports game.
- You can just ask him what he would like to do for Father’s day! This probably the best one unless you want to make it a surprise.
- Make everyone in the house promise to not complain that day so that the day is positive. He will love a nice fluffy day, where everyone is happy!
- If he has a certain hobby you can get him something related to that hobby.
- If he is going to work the next day you can make him a really nice lunch to take to work with him.
- If he will allow you to, you can clean up his man cave area (or an area where he normally is) and put lots of nice snacks for him to enjoy.
- You can bake a Father’s day cake or make him his favourite dessert.
- You can make him his favourite drink (like homemade lemonade, etc…)
- You can get him a gift related to his car or to the garage. Something helpful that he would like.
- We all are kids at heart. Is there a certain activity that you know that he would like to do but rarely do? Like going to an amusement park, etc…?
- Treat him to a hair cut at the barber shop.
- Would he like to do some spa related activity like a massage, etc…?
- Get the kids involved by letting them make him a gift or even doing a small play/performance. Don’t forget to take some pictures or video of his special day.
- You can make a Father’s day scrapbook full of fun pictures or sayings and give it to him.
In conclusion, the best thing you can do is just give him a happy day! So to help you plan your father’s day, I’m giving you a free printable for personal use.
I made two options. You can download one in colour or download one in black and white or both if you like! Enjoy! 🙂
It will be a Father’s day checklist that you can go over to help you out.
How do you plan to celebrate Father’s day? Let me know in the comments below. Have a wonderful day!
Free Printables for Personal Use